When setting up a new user, they will automatically have certain attributes assigned to them to make the set up quicker. This article is all about how you can change these values to suit your company better.
A guide to accessing your holiday defaults:
- Login to your Immerse works system as an Administrator
- Click on the Admin cog on the right of the header then head to System Features which is located under the General heading.
- Within the system features page, you will find all of the holiday defaults by clicking on these values you are able to change them and in some cases add new ones.
- To finalize any changes made click on the Save button located at the bottom of the page.
A break down of the Holiday Defaults.
Enable Holiday/Leave/Absence Booking
- Set whether you wish to enable holidays and leave on Immerse Works. If this is set to no, users are unable to access their calendars or book holidays. This will not delete any pre-existing holidays or leave.
- Choose between Days or Hours. This is what a user's allowance will be in and also how a user will book holidays.
Holiday Profile Default
- The Holiday Profile is the time period the calendar starts and ends on by default. The default options are "Start to end of year" and "UK financial year", More options can be added by clicking on "Add/Edit Holiday Profiles", To know more about adding new holiday profiles click here: How do I set up new Holiday Periods?
Holiday Entitlement (Days)
- The default entitlement (days) given to a user when added to the system. Clicking on this allows you to increase or decrease the amount. This can be changed for each individual via the admin page.
Holiday Entitlement (Hours)
- The default entitlement (hours) given to a user when added to the system. Clicking on this allows you to increase or decrease the amount. This can be changed for each individual via the admin page.
Deduct Company Holidays from Entitlement
- This setting allows for company holidays to be deducted from a user's entitlement. Setting this to yes along with setting the individual holiday to reduce entitlement, will then deduct the company holiday from the user's entitlement.
Include Company Holidays in Calendar
- This option allows for company and public holidays to show up in a user's calendar. When this is set to yes Company holidays will appear as grey boxes in a calendar.
Public Holiday Profile
- The public holiday profile are profiles that the different company and public holidays are assigned too. Setting up multiple of these allows for different users to have different company holidays, this is useful if you have offices in multiple countries, Whilst the default is set to England & Wales more profiles can be added. To find out more about public holiday profiles click here: How do I set up new public holiday profiles?
Work Period Default
- The work period default is the period of time that a user will work within a week. The default is set to Monday to Friday 9 till 5. But if you have workers that work different hours you can create new profiles to suit this. To learn more about work periods click here: How do I create a new work period?
Enable Carry Forward
- The carryforward option allows you to enable carry forward within the system allowing days from the calendar year to be carried over to the next year. Once set to yes two more options will appear.
- Maximum Carry Foward (Days)
- This is the maximum number of days that can be carried forward from the current year to the next. If a user's total allowance is over the maximum it will be capped. This number can be increased or decreased by editing the box.
- Maximum Carry Foward (Hours)
- This is the maximum number of hours that can be carried forward from the current year to the next. If a user's total allowance is over the maximum it will be capped. This number can be increased or decreased by editing the box.
That's it, you've learned all about the default holiday settings.
For more support articles visit https://pdwgroupuk.freshdesk.com/support/home